- News & Publications
- News releases
- AMF news releases
- The Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF) warns investors about GLOBAL METAL BROKER
The Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF) warns investors about GLOBAL METAL BROKER
The Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF) warns investors about investment offerings in France from the company GLOBAL METAL BROKER.
The company GLOBAL METAL BROKER, on its website http://www.globalmetal.fr, is advertising investment opportunities to French investors in rare earth and precious metals, claiming that its investments earn high rates of return.
Owing to uncertainty regarding the nature of the business carried out by GLOBAL METAL BROKER, and to the skewed nature of its communications, which fail to disclose any risk, the AMF advises investors to pay no heed to the company's advertising and to refrain from sharing them with others in any way. The AMF encourages investors to be vigilant when investing as a matter of course, and remember:
- No advertising materials should make you overlook the fact that high returns always involve high risk. Any product touting a return above the money market rate (investors may also refer to the Livret A passbook savings rate) carries a material risk;
- The information supplied by your intermediary must be clear and easy to understand. Following the adage of "only invest in what you know" will spare you a great deal of trouble;
- Learn as much as you can about the intermediary who is trying to sell you a product (authorisation/certification, company history, location of head offices, etc.);
- Ask yourself how, and by whom, the price of the advertised product is set (purchase price or selling price).
Lastly, certain investments have inherent characteristics that give them a heightened liquidity risk at the time of resale. Thus, it is vital that investors know the specific rules or mechanisms governing the sale of the products in which they invest.The AMF reminds investors that its website is accessible at the following link, http://www.amf-france.org, and invites anyone with questions to contact the AMF Retail Investor team at +33 (1) 53 45 62 00 from 9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday.
About the AMF:
The AMF is an independent public authority responsible for ensuring that savings invested in financial products are protected, providing investors with adequate information and supervising the orderly operation of markets. Visit our website www.amf-france.org.
AMF Communication Directorate - Caroline Leau - Tél : +33 (0)1 5345 6039 ou +33 (0)1 5345 6028
On the same topic
Head of publications: The Executive Director of AMF Communication Directorate. Contact: Communication Directorate – Autorité des marches financiers 17 place de la Bourse – 75082 Paris cedex 02