The Autorité des marchés financiers calls on retail investors to exercise the greatest vigilance in usurpation cases
Following numerous reports from investors, companies and professional associations, the regulator warns the public against the numerous cases of websites usurping the names, adresses, logo and approval number of authorised financial actors or products. This is a phenomenon that particularly affects SCPIs and their asset management companies.
The AMF calls the investors to be extremely vigilant. It recommends that no action be taken on requests from fraudsters claiming to be from these regulated actors or products without having carried out checks to ensure the identity of the persons offering them investments, in particular by:
- contacting the company from which your contact person claims to be by checking his contact details (telephone, addresses, etc.) in the official registers;
- consulting the list of financial institutions authorised to do business in France (https://www.regafi.fr ) or the list of authorised intermediaries in the financial investment advisor (FIA) or participating investment advisor (PIA) categories (https://www.orias.fr/search);
- checking the table of unauthorized entities and websites (https://amf-france.org/Epargne-Info-Service/Proteger-son-epargne/Listes-noires).
Lastly, the AMF reminds investors and individuals responsible for marketing investment products to follow these safety guidelines before making any investment:
- no advertising materials should make you overlook the fact that high returns always involve high risk;
- learn as much as you can about the company or intermediary trying to sell you a product (authorisation/certification, company history, location of head offices, registration with ORIAS, etc.);
- only invest in a product you understand;
- ask yourself how, and by whom, the purchase price or selling price of the advertised product is set, and find out the precise terms and timeline for selling the product, especially in cases where the product invests in an asset class with low liquidity.
|Do you have any questions? For all information, go to the following websites:
Assurance-Banque-Épargne Info Service : https://www.abe-infoservice.fr/ or call 0811 901 801, Mondays to Fridays from 8am to 6pm.
AMF : https://www.amf-france.org/ or call 01 53 45 62 00, Mondays to Fridays from 9am to 5pm.
ACPR : https://acpr.banque-france.fr/
About the AMF
The AMF is an independent public authority responsible for ensuring that savings invested in financial products are protected and that investors are provided with adequate information. The AMF also supervises the orderly operations of markets. Visit our website https://www.amf-france.org
On the same topic
Head of publications: The Executive Director of AMF Communication Directorate. Contact: Communication Directorate – Autorité des marches financiers 17 place de la Bourse – 75082 Paris cedex 02