New key figures take up their seats on the Autorité des Marchés Financiers' Board and Enforcement Committee
By an order of the Minister for the Economy and Finance dated 17 January 2019 and by decision of the other competent authorities, the Board and Enforcement Committee of the Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF) have been renewed by including, for the first time, the provisions of the Order of 31 July 2015 on equal access for women and men to positions within independent public authorities. They welcome seven and three new members respectively.
The AMF Board
Since 13 mandates had come to end; 6 members have been reappointed and 7 new members have been appointed:
- Mrs Marie-Christine Caffet,
- Mrs Jacqueline Eli-Namer,
- Mrs Anne Gobert,
- Mr Jean de Gaulle,
- Mr Charles Keller,
- Mrs Delphine Lautier,
- Mr Patrick Suet.
The AMF Board comprises 16 members. In addition to its chairperson appointed by the president of the Republic for a non-renewable five-year term, the Board includes:
- One conseiller d'Etat, appointed by the Vice-President of the Council of State, a member of the Court of Cassation, appointed by the First President of the Court of Cassation, and a Chief Auditor of the Court of Auditors, appointed by the First President of the Court of Auditors;
- Three members appointed for their expertise by the President of the Senate, the President of the National Assembly and the President of the Economic, Social and Environmental Council, respectively;
- A Deputy Governor of the Banque de France, appointed by the Governor;
- The President of the French Accounting Standards Authority;
- Seven members appointed for their expertise and after consultation of the representative organisations by the Minister for the Economy and Finance, including one representative of employee shareholders.
Board members other than the Banque de France representative and the Chairman of the Autorité des Normes Comptables (who are appointed by virtue of their position) serve a five-year term of office, renewable once.
Its 16 members coming from a variety of backgrounds, gives the Board the technical and legal expertise to carry out its mission: to protect savings invested in financial products, ensure that investors receive the right information and maintain orderly financial markets.
The Enforcement Committee
6 mandates had come to an end; 3 members have been reappointed and 3 new members have been appointed:
- Mrs Sandrine Elbaz-Rousso,
- Mrs Anne Le Lorier,
- Mrs Ute Meyenberg.
An independent committee
Independent from the AMF Board, the Enforcement Committee includes 12 members:
- Four judges: two conseillers d'Etat appointed by the vice-president of that body and two Court of Cassation trial judges appointed by the chief Justice of that Court;
- Six professionals with legal and financial expertise and experience, appointed by the economy and finance minister and after consultation with organisations representing industrial and commercial companies whose securities are offered to the public or listed on a regulated market;
- Two representatives of the employees of finance sector firms, appointed by the economy and finance minister after consultation with representative labour unions.
Members have a five-year once-renewable term of office that runs from the first committee meeting attended.
About the AMF
The AMF is an independent public authority responsible for ensuring that savings invested in financial products are protected and that investors are provided with adequate information. The AMF also supervises the orderly operations of markets. Visit our website https://www.amf-france.org
AMF Communication Directorate - Charlotte Garnier-Peugeot - Tel: +33 (0)1 5345 6034 or +33 (0)1 5345 6028
On the same topic
Head of publications: The Executive Director of AMF Communication Directorate. Contact: Communication Directorate – Autorité des marches financiers 17 place de la Bourse – 75082 Paris cedex 02