New prominent figures take up their seats on the Board of the Autorité des Marchés Financiers
Two new members of the Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF) Board, the institution's decision-making body, have just been appointed by the competent authorities.
The Board, which is the decision-making body of the AMF, is made up of 16 members. Two new members have joined, replacing two members who resigned on 30 September 2014.
By decree published in the Official Journal on 08 February 2015, the minister of finance and public accounts has appointed Helman le Pas de Sécheval. Furthermore, Bernard Coupez has been appointed by the president of the Senate. One more seat remains open pending the appointment of the president of the Autorité des Normes Comptables (Accounting Standards Authority, ANC).
As a reminder, in addition to the chairperson appointed by the president of the Republic for a non-renewable five-year term, the Board includes:
- three members appointed respectively by the vice-president of the Council of State, the first president of the Court of Cassation, and the first president of the Court of Audit.
- three members appointed respectively by the president of the Senate, the president of the National Assembly and the president of the Economic, Social and Environmental Council;
- a representative of the Banque de France appointed by the governor;
- the president of the Autorité des Normes Comptables;
- seven members appointed by the Minister of the economy.
- With the exception of the representative of the Banque of France and the president of the ANC, the term lasts five years and is renewable once.
The composition of the AMF Board is as follows:
- Gérard Rameix (Chairman),
- Michel Camoin,
- Bernard Coupez,
- Christian de Boissieu,
- Jean-Luc Enguéhard,
- Jean-Claude Hanus,
- Jean-Claude Hassan,
- Jean-Pierre Hellebuyck,
- Sophie Langlois,
- Helman le Pas de Sécheval,
- Sylvie Lucot,
- Robert Ophèle,
- Thierry Philipponnat,
- Martine Ract-Madoux,
- Christian Schricke.
About the AMF:
The AMF is an independent public authority responsible for ensuring that savings invested in financial products are protected, providing investors with adequate information and supervising the orderly operation of markets. Visit our website www.amf-france.org.
Press contact :
AMF Communication Directorate - Christère Fradin - Tel.: +33(0)1 5345 6029 or +33 (0) 1 5345 6028
Head of publications: The Executive Director of AMF Communication Directorate. Contact: Communication Directorate – Autorité des marches financiers 17 place de la Bourse – 75082 Paris cedex 02