How to use the General Regulation
The General Regulation of the Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF GR) is published in French and in English. It is provided in HTML and PDF format to enable users to choose the format most suited to their needs. Below are instructions to help you find your way around and browse through the General Regulation.
How to access the current version of the General Regulation
French version of the General Regulation
To access the French version, click on the "Current General Regulation" section in the left-hand menu. This will take you to the General Regulation:
- in HTML format to enable navigation across the various books from the expandable left menu or from the table of contents on the central page (which you can hide); or
- in PDF format, using the "Download" function, on the top right-hand of the page.
There may be boxes placed on top of articles, a chapter or a book to provide users with additional information (for example, the removal of provisions following the entry into force of a European regulation). These sidebars, which have no regulatory value, serve an educational purpose and are separate from the actual text of the General Regulation.
English version of the General Regulation
The AMF General Regulation can be consulted in English but for information purposes only. Only the French version is binding. You may access the English version from the AMF website:
- in HTML format, if you want to browse through the various books from the expandable left menu or from the table of contents on the central page. Versions dating from 2018 to the present can be accessed in HTML format.
- In PDF format by using the "Download" function, on the top right-hand of the page.
How to browse the General Regulation
By using the table of contents
You can display the table of contents of the General Regulation in the left menu by clicking directly on the chevron to the left of the "Current General Regulation" section and expand the table of contents up to the section levels. You can also click on each level to access the contents directly.
You can also display the General Regulation page directly by clicking on the title "Current General Regulation". You can access the table of contents from the top of each General Regulation. You can expand or collapse the levels and access articles from the tree structure selected by clicking on the title (for example, Book 2/Title 1/Chapter 2).
Browsing a page that displays an RG article
When you access the page of an article, a green banner indicates that this is the current version. If it is an archived version, the banner will be grey.
You can display or hide notes. You can access the previous and next articles of the same book by using the buttons to the left and right of the article number.
The "All versions" button at the bottom of the page will take you to the list of all the versions of the article consulted.
Search options in the General Regulation
There are three types of searches possible:
- a quick search in the search bar at the top of each page of the General Regulation (by article number, keyword);
- an advanced search by going to the website advanced search section and checking the "General Regulation" box:
- By article: enter a number and optionally a date range OR a check box (current version, archived versions, upcoming versions)
- By keyword/book: enter key words or a book and optionally a date range OR a check box (current version, archived versions, upcoming versions)
- a general search by going to the website search page and entering a General Regulation article number or keywords (search in the current General Regulation alone).
Can I consult approved modifications to the General Regulation that have not yet entered into force?
The "Upcoming General Regulation" section lists approved changes, if any, to the General Regulation that will enter into force at a later date. This service will enable you to identify any ongoing regulatory changes precisely. You can access this section from the left menu.
How to access the General Regulation archives
The archives of the AMF General Regulation in French have been available in HTML format since 2010 and in PDF format since 2004.
The archives of the AMF General Regulation in English have been available in HTML format since 2018 and in PDF format since 2004.
You can access them by clicking on the "GR archives" section in the left menu. There is a filter at the top of the page to help you select the period or year that you want to consult.
How to access the General Regulation implementing decrees
Changes to the AMF General Regulation require an implementing decree from the French Minister for the Economy, published in the Official Journal. Unless otherwise provided, the date of entry into force of the approved changes corresponds to the date of publication in the OJ + 1 day. All the implementing decrees, accompanied by a summary, can be accessed from the "Implementing Decrees" section in the left menu.
On the same topic
Head of publications: The Executive Director of AMF Communication Directorate. Contact: Communication Directorate – Autorité des marches financiers 17 place de la Bourse – 75082 Paris cedex 02